- What services do they provide?
- How are they compensated?
- What is the financial incentive for providing that service?
When you do decide to leave your job, you generally have 4 options with your 401(k) money.
- Leave the money in the old 401(k) plan
- Cash in the old 401(k)
- Rollover the old 401(k) to the new company 401(k)
- Rollover the old 401(k) to an IRA with or without an investment adviser
Happy New Year!
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot
And auld lang syne?
Auld Lang Syne by Robert Burns
We all know the song. That traditional song sung on New Year’s Eve asks the rhetorical question, “Should forget our friends and times of long ago?” And just like we shouldn’t forget the times or people of old, we shouldn’t forget the investment lessons of old. So while the stock market was probably the last thing most people were thinking of on December 31st, 2015, I couldn’t get my mind off of it. It was the “lessons of old” that had drawn my attention and had me watching closely and then taking action, while many were out-of-office and thinking about festivities. Read More